1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gateway doesn't offer any device driver updates for Windows 7??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jules_fc, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jules_fc

jules_fc Thread Starter

I own a Gateway GT5228 Desktop PC with a 64-bit version of Window 7 Home Premium installed and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find driver updates for my PC? I've been receiving an error (Event 12, HAL) in the event viewer indicating that "The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system" My PC originally came with a 32-bit version of Windows XP preinstalled but I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit about a year ago. I've already checked gateway.com but they don't offer any driver updates for PC's with Windows 7 installed so what other options do I have concerning device driver updates for my PC if Gateway doesn't offer them?

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

3. jules_fc

jules_fc Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick response Ray but the links to the web sites you suggested don't offer any helpful info concerning driver updates for Windows 7

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You should never upgrade to a newer Windows version or downgrade to an older Windows version without first identifying the computer's devices and confirming there are drivers for all of the devices and then obtaining those drivers.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Go into Control Panel - Device Manager, then click the + in

Display Adapters

Network Adapters

Other Devices

Sound Video And Game Controllers

What's listed in each heading?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the support site for the Gateway GT5228 Media Center desktop. It only has device drivers for Windows XP.

According to the specifications section, that desktop has:

NVIDIA GeForce 6100 integrated video

Realtek High Definition Audio integrated sound

There are Windows 7(64-bit) drivers for both devices.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice