1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gateway/emachine-''big Fix'' -anyone Know It?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by EDYTHE, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EDYTHE

EDYTHE Thread Starter

have an Emachine - XP SP2
    Emachine/Gateway offers a program called 'Big Fix' - supposedly a 'monitor' to detect problems - alerts for patches, etc. and i think one is also notified about Windows updates .
    I have disabled it because i was getting an error message -BigFix couldn't verify authenticity of site content.... techs at Gateway stated ''drivers corrupt''- that i should uninstall program and reinstall drivers or entire program from their website .
    I'm wondering if i can live without this program rather than attempt a re-install only to find out i have the same problem plus some 'new' ones due to downloading ...any opinions are greatly appreciated... thanks

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i'd try to remove it in add/remove programs if it shows up.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

I've used it in the past. I finally just uninstalled it because, though it did no harm just running there in the tray, it did no real good, either.

4. EDYTHE

EDYTHE Thread Starter

--------------------------------------------------
    hello ... frankly i was glad to hear i wouldn't be losing the best thing on a computer since cream cheese ! went to msconfig/startup and unchecked it ... thanks again ! ;)

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

LOL. You won't miss it.

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the Thread Tools at the top of the page.

6. EDYTHE

EDYTHE Thread Starter

===================
    Thanks for replying - will mark 'solved'....:eek:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599064