1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gatway Desktop

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Darkicon, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkicon

Darkicon Thread Starter

I wanna buy my brother a new computer for his birthday, and I was looking at this Gateway:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...teway&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1207957307299

But I don't understand why it's so cheap. My computer which is slightly older (About 6 months older) and almost as good was $800 and it's an HP.

Is there something not good about that computer making it so cheap, or is it just a really good deal?

2. TK31

TK31

looking at the link you provided, it seems that it doesnt include any form of monitor.

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/48deaf6a038bae8a273fc0a87e010715/Product/View/XC5867
    If you take a look at that, you'll see its specifically mentioned that a 17' monitor is supplied. Im not trying to advertise it or anything, since its in Australia only computer but the computer in my link is VERY good value, since it has a monitor, the specs are reasonable and its also got a 99 buck cashback offer.

Yea so basically your buying a system which includes everything but the monitor making it available at that price.

So your brother better have a monitor if you decide to purchase that system for him

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Seems about normal price to me.

4. LauraWert

LauraWert

One thing you have to keep in mind is that technology moves very quickly. What you bought 6 months ago for a much higher price would cost less now, because they have come out with something bigger and better.

The GPS unit I paid $250 for a year ago is now available at half the price.

Also, HP computers, in my experience, are usually more expensive than Gateway computers.

I've owned both and the only difference I had was, after a year and a half, the DVD Burner died on the Gateway. I've never had anything happen like that with any of the HP computers I bought.

If you think this is a good deal for your brother, than get it. You can get a good monitor for not much money.

Best of luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice