Solved: GByte Easytune 6 no run

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pcguy9441

I'm new to Win7 and playing with the free 90day trial of Enterprise build7600. I can't get Gigabyte's ET6 (Easytune6) to do anything. I uninstalled the one from the GByte DVD and downloaded B10.0408.1 from the GByte site and get same results. I click on the icon and just get the little twirling donut which goes away after 10 sec. ??? According to old posts on other forums, B8.1224.1 from 2009 is supposed to work.

Also, at 46G, the size of the OS seems a bit large for only 4-5 apps installed. My fresh XP on another partition with 10 apps is only 15G. Is this expected or are there some temp install files bloating this OS? I ran disk cleanup and it didn't change the size.

One last question, with Win 7's CD/DVD and video burning capability, can I forget about Nero as long as I don't want to edit videos and use menus. I just want to burn VOBs for viewing on a DVD player. My Nero 7 is not supported.

I was astonished to find that a 6 year old dvdshrink rev runs just fine as does Office 2003!

Thanks in advance...

Try compatibility mode (step 4) on that program executable

Compatibility Mode

Here is some good advice when installing programs in Vista-W7, This is good advice even if the program was designed for Vista-W7

Here is how to install software or drivers on Vista-W7 that are for XP,2000

1. Download your program to a folder of choice, Right click on the setup.exe file for the software/driver you are trying to install and select properties, if there is an "Unblock" button on the General Tab, click it, then go to the compatibility Tab

2. Tick the "run this file in compatibility mode" box and then select XP in the drop down box, or whatever OS the software was designed for, Tick "run this program as Administrator" if it is available, hit OK. If it was designed for Vista-W7 then skip compatibility and only use run as administrator.

3. Now double click this setup.exe file to execute the install process, hopefully all will go well and install the drivers/Software you need.

4. If the exe installs software for the device, or you have installed software only, you need to navigate to the program folder where it installed, then do the compatibility thing (# 1 & 2) again for the program executable(s).

I do not guarantee all drivers or software to work in Vista-W7, but a large percentage do..
I recommend CDBurner XP, FREE

http://cdburnerxp.se/

I could not get EasyTune to work on my Windows 7 system. But Gigabyte had another utility "Smart6" which provided the same capability as EasyTune. Give it a try.

pcguy9441

Thanks to all for the feedback.. I'm giving up on ET6 on Win 7 as even the XP mode tweaks don't do it. I'll try Smart6.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online