1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: GByte Easytune 6 no run

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pcguy9441, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcguy9441

pcguy9441 Thread Starter

I'm new to Win7 and playing with the free 90day trial of Enterprise build7600. I can't get Gigabyte's ET6 (Easytune6) to do anything. I uninstalled the one from the GByte DVD and downloaded B10.0408.1 from the GByte site and get same results. I click on the icon and just get the little twirling donut which goes away after 10 sec. ??? According to old posts on other forums, B8.1224.1 from 2009 is supposed to work.

Also, at 46G, the size of the OS seems a bit large for only 4-5 apps installed. My fresh XP on another partition with 10 apps is only 15G. Is this expected or are there some temp install files bloating this OS? I ran disk cleanup and it didn't change the size.

One last question, with Win 7's CD/DVD and video burning capability, can I forget about Nero as long as I don't want to edit videos and use menus. I just want to burn VOBs for viewing on a DVD player. My Nero 7 is not supported.

I was astonished to find that a 6 year old dvdshrink rev runs just fine as does Office 2003!

Thanks in advance...

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Try compatibility mode (step 4) on that program executable

I recommend CDBurner XP, FREE

http://cdburnerxp.se/

3. storage_man

storage_man

I could not get EasyTune to work on my Windows 7 system. But Gigabyte had another utility "Smart6" which provided the same capability as EasyTune. Give it a try.

4. pcguy9441

pcguy9441 Thread Starter

Thanks to all for the feedback.. I'm giving up on ET6 on Win 7 as even the XP mode tweaks don't do it. I'll try Smart6.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!