Solved: GD2.dll problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deepdiver01

Hi all.

I am trying to get a prog working that requires GDlib2 (their term) to be activated. I think they are talking about GD2.dll. Am I right?

I am using wamp5 on the computer at home as a test site.

The problem I am having is that I don't seem to be able to call GD2. I have uncommented extension=php_gd2.dll in php.ini and checked the php/ext folder to make sure that GD2.dll is in there. It is. I have turned Apache off a couple of times, and shut down the computer and restarted to no avail. Gd2 still is not showing up in phpmyadmin.

Also, when it is called upon to sclice an image, the actions freeze.

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks all.

deepdiver01

Found the problem.

Thought that the php.ini file in c:windows was the file governing php's actions. Whereas it was in the php.ini file in apache. It works.

Only took me about 6 hours to figure that one out. If only I had taken better notice of the path in phpinfo() earlier.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online