1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Get Photos off cell phone??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lola2001, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I have a Motorola V220. It has a camera built in and I've taken some photos with it but how do I get them off the phone and on to my computer? It didn't come with any software at all but it does have a usb port.

2. doogdoog

doogdoog

Aloha,
    I didn't use a usb cable, I bought a bluetooth usb adapter and installed it into my usb port. It came with a small install cd that installed the software and I had a photo software on my computer that it could upload the pictures from. You will have to setup your bluetooth in your settings of your camera so it will connect to the bluetooth usb adapter.

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I downloaded the Mobile Phone Tools for free someplace....unless it's a trial version and I didn't notice. Anyway, it didn't work at all for what I want. It wasn't able to access where ever the photos are stored.

I'll take a look at the two links though telecom. Thanks everyone.

6. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Hey Johnwill.....your Mobtime is not the same one I downloaded. I just tried this one and it appears that it will do what I want. It won't let me test it without buying it though so I'm not sure but it looks like the right one. I think I'll just buy it and hope for the best. It's not too expensive. Thanks for the link.

7. JohnWill

Let us know if it works. I know it handles the phone books on the Motorola V180 and RAZR, since that's my old/new phone. I also have fetched pictures off the RAZR with it, as well as loaded some custom ring tones.

8. Rockn

Rockn

Send it to your email address or get a data cable and use the program BitPim to get them off. You can also transfer ringtones with the software.

9. JohnWill

Rockn, since the Mororola phone in question is not listed for BitPim, what's he supposed to do with that application?

10. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

That Mobtime worked GREAT!! I only want it for my photos. I carry my phone around always but not my camera so I've had occasion to use it when I needed (or wanted) a photo. The photos for the past year have been sitting there in my phone though with no way to get them off....until now that is. Thanks again for the link to Mobtime.

11. JohnWill

Glad it worked for you, it's worked a lot better than the Mororola junk that I paid more money for with my V180. :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!