1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Get yahoo mail in outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cujo668, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cujo668

cujo668 Thread Starter

How can I see my mail from yahoo in outlook. I know how to set it up ( I think). As a pop3 account, I put the incoming server as pop.mail.yahoo.com and outgoing as smtp.mail.yahoo.com. I put in my name and password, but when I test the connection, it keeps asking me for my password, over and over and it never goes away.

2. ihatemyjob

ihatemyjob

It can be done, but you have to subscribe to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service before it will work. It's a similar story with Hotmail, where you have to subscribe, before you can get the account working in Outlook Express. It didn't always be this way, but this is the way things are going these days...

3. cujo668

cujo668 Thread Starter

I was afraid of that, I will see how that works, thanks.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice