1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Getting error: c:\WINDOWS\system32\command.com The parameter is incorrect

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kl2280, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kl2280

kl2280 Thread Starter

After running SpyBot and allowing the program to fix the found errors, I now get the above message. I can only log on through safemode.

Please advise. I don't have the Windows XP CDs. Please help.

2. toddlerstomper

toddlerstomper Banned

Actually command.com is invoked by Spybot - it wants to remove the remaining files but can't. Here's how to fix it:
    Get into regedit (Start -> run -> tye 'regedit' (no quotes), hit enter).
    Go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    In there you will see some Spybot entries (possibly a lot of them!) - delete them all and reboot.

3. toddlerstomper

toddlerstomper Banned

Or simply boot into safemode and do a sytem restore to a point prior to spybot scan
    spybot is garbage in my opinion here is a few alternitaves i cant reccomend you scan with any particular one but i use malwarebytes. it great and free

4. kl2280

kl2280 Thread Starter

Thank you very much!!!!. I followed your directions and the problem is solved. I will uninstall SpyBot immediately.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/999197