Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Getting rid of "Enter Network Password"

4K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  dr20 
#1 ·
I have just done a full reinstall of W98SE. When I power up the system I now get an error message box headed "Enter Network Password", containing the message "Enter your network password for Microsoft Networking".

I never had this before and don't want it now. How do I turn off this message, please?

#2 ·
I'm sorry but I am on my Windows XP system right now and can not be exact but you need to go to the properties of your network connection and change it from Microsoft Networking to Windows and then re-boot your computer.
Let us know if this fixes your problem!

#3 ·
#8 ·
Bob - sorry to drag this one on.

When I try to install the Tweak UI programme into Control Panel, I get a message "The disk labeled 'Tweak UI' is now required. This disk is provided by your computer manufacturer." That seems to stop me going any further.

#9 ·
The installer has a problem if the TweakUI files are located in a folder with a long file name. Copy them to a folder like C:\JUNK and run the install from there, it'll install properly.

#14 ·
I agree if you're just working at home on a standalone PC, just change the Primary Logon to Windows Logon to get rid of the Network Logon box. It's not needed. But to clarify this, if you're PC is on a LAN, you'll need to be using a client like "Client for MS Networks" or other client software to logon to the network.

#19 ·
I came back from work to find all these messages. Nice to know I've become a mini-forum!

Anyway, I went to Control Panel>Network icon>changed it to Windows Logon.

You can guess the rest. Now, when I boot up, I get a box saying "Welcome to Windows. Type a username and password to log on to Windows." Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire!

I put in my most commonly use password and it recognised it, but now I need help to bypass this "Welcome To Windows" box.

#20 ·
Hi I think the way you can fix that is by going into the Control Panel and clicking on the Passwords icon. Where it says "Change Windows Password" type in the one you're now using but leave the new password line blank. When you boot up you shouldn't be bothered with a request for a password anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.