1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Getting rid of incredimail's my start

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kaybaby, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaybaby

kaybaby Thread Starter

I have HP Presario Compaq Laptop with Windows 7 - I use FireFox with Google search bar.
    I installed incredimail [version ?]- hated it - unistalled it in regular program optiion. It seems to be gone except the awful MY StART take over of my FireFox search page. It has advertisements etc. Also
    Facebook link. It still shows a small Google search box option - but has BING options above.
    I downloaded incredimail's directions on how to remove it from the registry - all went well to get it open
    but I couldn't fine the imf and other related things to delete. It seemed like everything was listed alphabetically in the register - I stopped after scrolling through 6 or 8 pages of registry entries. Other support sites had the same list of imf etc. to delete.

Surely, someone has had this same nightmare. kaybaby

2. kaybaby

kaybaby Thread Starter

I was able to use a different Incredimail's [better than registry tampering] directions [but only as a guideline] to reclaim my FireFox [Google] search page from My Start monopoly.

I opened the monpolized FireFox search [home] page and clicked tools. Then I clicked options. The first tab that opened was the "Home Page" option. I left the worded box above the file path entry box as it was already worded - "my Home Page''

The file path box actually had a file path to upgrade my FireFox version - which I don't want.
    Under the file path entry box I clicked "Restore to Default" and the upgrade file path changed to the proper original home page address for FireFox to be used as the default browser.

I know others have this same problem - so I took time to post this thread - I also want to help keep this forum as good as it has always been.

Kaybaby

3. valis

valis Moderator

thanks for posting the solution. :)

I've merged the threads together so we don't have duplicates running around.

thanks,

v

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/952094