1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Getting Rid of Ruby Rails

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by loricherokee, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. loricherokee

loricherokee Thread Starter

Ruby Rails suddenly appeared on my computer yesterday. I didn't download, don't really know what it is & don't want it. When I'm on Blurb Booksmart Forum, the Ruby Rails site keeps popping up every time I go to a new topic. I'm not into software development; just want my computer to work w/o complications and new things being added w/o my knowledge. Can anyone tell me how to take this off my computer?:mad:

2. valis

valis Moderator

have you tried checking under add/remove programs?

Either that, or try revo uninstaller.

3. loricherokee

Yes I did. It's not listed in my Programs list unless it's under a name I don't know.

4. valis

valis Moderator

did it show up in revo?

5. loricherokee

No it didn't. I went through the list 3 times.

6. valis

valis Moderator

can you post a screen shot of the ruby rails popup?

7. loricherokee

I have the screen shot but don't know how to send it to you. Tried Search but nothing.

8. valis

valis Moderator

just attach it to your post. Click on the 'go advanced' button and then the paperclip.

9. loricherokee

Here it it. So far it's only popping up when I'm on Blurb Booksmart site in the Forum. I click on a thread in the forum, the Ruby Rails pops up. I click on Back arrow, reclick on the thread a second time, Ruby Rails does not pop up until I click on a new thread.

I'm not sure the screenshot is here. I don't see anything. I uploaded it.

Attached Files:

10. loricherokee

The problem has only appeared in the Blurb Booksmart site. I was just on the site and someone else has the same problem. It would seem to be their problem & the techies are supposedly working on fixing it.

11. valis

valis Moderator

cool, keep us updated on this one.......very odd that only one site is showing it.

12. loricherokee

Problem seems to be fixed. It hasn't happened again to me and no new comments about it in Blurb Forum. I still don't know what Ruby Rails is.

13. ehymel

ehymel

Ruby on Rails is a web development platform. This is not something loaded on your computer; instead this is an error message you are seeing from the Blurb Forum website.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice