[SOLVED] Getting rid of username/password prompt at startup?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Strobic

Every time I log into windows 98 I have to enter a username and password as if logging onto a network. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this?

Thanks

Assuming you are not using User Profiles and you are not connected to a network,just follow this steps:

1. Launch the Network applet from Control Panel. On the Configuration tab,select Windows Logon from the Primary Network Logon drop-down menu.Click on OK nd ,when you aare prompted to restart Windows,click No.

2.Launch the Passwords applet from Control Panel,and click on the Change Windows Password dialog,type your current Windows Password in the Old Password box.Leave both the Nwe Password and the Confirm New Password boxes blank,click on OK and then click on OK to confirm.

Select the User profiles tab and select "all users of this PC use the same preferences and desktop settings". Click on close and restart Windows.:D

See brianF's post <a href="http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56237&highlight=windows+password">here</a>.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online