1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: gfx conversion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by temprahater, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. temprahater

temprahater Thread Starter

I thought i would be generous and offer my old sapphire x1950pro 512 pci to my sister so went there tonight to install it (after going on wednesday and realising the psu was deficient and getting another) . what a carry on .

Putting the bits on was ok but installing the drivers was so slow . I kept rebooting bacause i thought the system was crashing all the time until 5 hours later recognised it was the system that was so slow at loading up . (never mind i got a few free vodkas ) .

Problem is now how to make the system faster . Her son is constantly on chat sites which keep popping up which was a pain even though i kept shutting them down

The pc is a T9608
    RAM 1
    cpu E4500
    MB Foxxconn?
    250 HD Which has aroung 220 left
    600w cit PSU
    and my gpu Sapphire radeon x1950 512mb
    Takes about 10 mins to finish start up.

What can make this thing go faster ???????????????

2. temprahater

temprahater Thread Starter

how about taking the pc back to basics

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Easiest way would be to reformat and reinstall Windows. That'll clean up all the junk and software and potential viruses and spyware on the system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!