Solved: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0) graphics card support

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Black_Magic

Hi I am fairly new to all this computer building, infact this would be the first time ever that I am putting something into my machine. So I am a little worried that I might buy the wrong part for my motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0).

I basically just want to know if this motherboard can support a AMD radeon HD 7950. If not what is a powerful graphics card that it would support.

Sorry if this is a really dum question.

Black_Magic

After reading the specs i noticed that it says 750 for cross-fire so if i am using one 650 should be ok right

Tanis

Shane
In my opinion, for a single card a good quality 650w PSU should be fine.

I find this site useful to give you an idea of the power needs of your system:

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Don't take the answer it gives as exact, but its useful as a guide, I usually look at the recommended wattage then go to the next one up thats available. Again, always get a quality unit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online