Solved: Gimp Manual not loading

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

livefortoday6491

I unzip Gimp manual and when I have followed instructions to install it says finish but is no where to be found. I does not produce a disk image, can you help?

livefortoday6491

You are thinking of the online manual which can be downloaded but used online only. The one I downloaded has a zip file which i unzipped and it left what i thought was the installer and it installs ok, or so it says but when I look through spotlight it only finds the one in the download folder

leroys1000

Banned
Usually the manuals for open source software,the manuals are not
included in the software download to save space and download time.
If you click the help function in the software,it will generate a warning
and explain why the documentation was not installed.
When the documentation is downloaded and installed,it usually integrates
with the original application.
That is why I ask if you tried help in gimp.

livefortoday6491

I have installed the manual but spotlight does not show it. When I open gimp and go to help i find the manual there and now it works ok thanks. Still puzzled why spotlight cannot find it?

leroys1000

Banned
It's probably because the manual is not an application.
It is a series of MAN pages (manual pages) that is integrated
with gimp.
It doesn't run as as a seperate app.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online