1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Giving up..Outlook Express wont send mail!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mmschon, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mmschon

mmschon Thread Starter

I am using outlook express and Have not had a problem up until today (Its been fine for a year). I can receive mail, but can not send. I have deleted and redone my email account.. I have the correct pop3 and smtp. AI get this error when I try to send """The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.adelphia.net', Server: 'mail.adelphia.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E""". I am really just so aggravated. I have been messing with it for 2 hours now, with no success.. All my settings are correct as well. I have done so many trouble shooting steps and have been through 50 forums trying to find the answer! Please help!:eek:

2. ACTER80

ACTER80

Hello...

Have you tried ***pop.adelphia.net as Incoming ...and
    mail.adelphia.com as Outgoing you will noticed .net and .com
    If the .net does not work first,try the .com
    Are you using your email address as the "Main ID" ?

Usually the Main ID does not require a password.If your email address is not the Main ID you will need a password.

I am surprised your internet service provider did not lend a hand...unless they will charge a fee.

I hope others reading this thread will help.

I will check back.

Thanks.

ACTER80.

3. mmschon

mmschon Thread Starter

I tried both of the suggestions. It did not work, Its always been .net. I am using my email address as the main ID yes. I have messed with that as well. I have no idea whats going on. I dont have any virus protection blocking it, I havent downloaded anything new that would change my settings. I am confused!! :confused: Sorry for not responding back faster, I was down to dinner.

4. mmschon

mmschon Thread Starter

Anyone:confused:

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi mmschon

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Can you login to the web mail server, without problem?

The error message suggests you have SSL enabled. Is this required?

Go to the Advanced tab in your e-mail account properties and uncheck: This server requires a secure connection (SSL)

Send a message addressed to yourself as a test.

Let us know if that makes a difference or not.

6. mmschon

mmschon Thread Starter

Unfortunately Ive tried that already as well! :( I have no idea whats going on. I can log on the web and send a message to myself and go to outlook and I receive it.. But If i sent a message to myself from outlook, it wont send. ARG

7. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Do you know if SSL is required?

On the Servers tab, do you have My server requires authentication checked?

Click the Settings button and verify:
    Use same settings as my incoming mail server
    is selected.

You do not have an anti-virus program running?
    Did you check the firewall configuration to verify it is allowing SMTP access?

8. Melissa V

Melissa V

mmschon,

I have adelphia and OE and I am having the same issue. It was working fine and then just yesterday it decided it didn't want to send messages anymore. I can receive messages though. I am glad I am not the only one going through this. It gives me hope that it is not my computer and it must be a problem on Adelphia's side.

9. mmschon

mmschon Thread Starter

I tried all of the above suggestions, nothing has worked. I dont have a firewall protectint it.

----Oh im glad im not the only one.. I searched adelphias website for errors they may of been having and I couldnt find any. Hmm I hope its fixed soon.

10. ACTER80

ACTER80

Hello...
    Have you noticed on the top right the ads by Google.It says " Repair Outlook Express and so on.I saw an ad saying Fix Outlook Express for free.

ACTER80.

11. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

12. mmschon

mmschon Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help. I just gave up on outlook, I downloaded windows live mail and at first it was doing the same thing, now it is working and allowing me to send messages. So I will mark this as solved. Thanks again!

13. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

That's great! Thanks for posting back and letting us know your solution.

Did you check to see if Outlook Express would work after Windows Live Mail started working?

14. mmschon

mmschon Thread Starter

No, I didnt check. I dont really like this Windows Live Mail, think ill delete it and re install outlook, see if it works yet..

15. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Try creating a new Identity in Outlook Express, to see if the errors persist.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/750243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice