1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "GL acceleration is running in software mode" when trying to play Future Pinb

Discussion in 'Games' started by gracie1979, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gracie1979

gracie1979 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have an old Dell DIMENSION 8300, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 2.60GHz 2.59GHz, & 1.00GB of RAM that I had to reformat the other day. I've gotten almost everything back to normal but I went to open the Future Pinball application and load a game and it gave me..."Future Pinball detected your open GL acceleration is running in software mode. NVIDIA and ATI only support hardware acceleration. Change the desktop color depth". I'm assuming this may have something to do with video drivers because the game seemed to work fine before the reformat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. s1l3nced

s1l3nced

As you yourself suggested, it may very well be the Video Card Drivers. Please try downloading them from the Manufacturers website. Let us know if you need more assistance or if this works!

3. gracie1979

gracie1979 Thread Starter

Hi S1l3nced,

Yeah, you were right. I seemed to answer my own question. I went to NVIDIA's download page and found the driver for my graphics card and downloaded. I tried out a table on FP and it seemed to work. I will go ahead and mark as solved then.

Thanks!

4. s1l3nced

s1l3nced

Glad I could help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice