1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gmail error 502

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Laura7491, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Hi everyone ... tonight I can't open my gmail account where I get messages from YOUR forum as well.

Are you familiar with gmail error 502? How to fix it? I am not sure if it's my computer's problem of gmail's problem. Whatever it is is very annoying and frustrating.

Please help if you know how to fix it. I already ran ADWCleaner just in case but it did not help. :(

I will change my e-mail (temporarily perhaps) on your Forum to be able to receive your messages.

2. Sponsor

3. gurutech

gurutech

According to Google, this is a temporary error and should resolve itself in a few minutes, up to a couple hours.

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

I'd give it awhile, as usually this error is temporary. It's also happening to a lot of users. I've read it on Twitter for the past hour. Many are receiving the 502 error.

5. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Hi Gurutech, yes it's up and running again. It took about 40-45 minutes. I am just curious if there is a solution to solve this in case I have it in a future and it will take longer than 45 minutes .

6. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Ohhh... OK. Thank you for the information, Cheeseball. It's up and running again.
    :)

7. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Glad it's up and running again. That error indicates server congestion and usually that's something that can only be waited out. I've seen others either try clearing their browser cache or using a different web browser to rectify it. But most times it's a waiting game :) Google is pretty good at resolving it as fast as they can.

8. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Thank you!!!! ;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!