1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: gmail malfunction

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ophthoguy, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ophthoguy

ophthoguy Thread Starter

Help!! Windows XP. When on Internet Explorer my gmail account opens and then everything is frozen, i.e. I can do zero functions on gmail. I tried signing out but cannot do that either. When I had the gmail tab on, all the other tabs (5) on my homepage were also inaccessible. When I removed the gmail tab the other tabs worked fine.
    Do I have a virus in gmail? or is this some other problem.

Thanks for any help for this computer illiterate.

Ophthoguy [​IMG]

2. olliea95

olliea95

It's ok, you cannot get a virus actually in Gmail. Not got a solution to fix this in Internet Explorer but try it in Firefox ( http://www.getfirefox.com ). Should work fine in Firefox.

Although, have you tried it in IE without addons? I think its in Start Menu -> All programs -> Internet Explorer (no addons)
    Sorry can't remember full path at the moment, and I'm not on my Windows machine so I cannot check.

Hope it solves it ;) .

3. ophthoguy

ophthoguy Thread Starter

Thanks olliea95. Appreciate the effort and have kept the firefox idea for future reference. However, I think I stumbled across the answer by luck. Yesterday i may have messed up a sign in to gmail and I think they shut me down for security reasons and advised me to try again in 24 hrs. I'm still not sure why all the other tabs "froze" as well.
    With much appreciation for your effort,

ophthoguy

4. olliea95

olliea95

Glad that you've fixed it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice