Solved: Gmail: no file type on attached file which is a forwarded email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kagemi

Receiving forwarded emails as attachments in Gmail. Only 2 options to access, View Text and Download.
Download doesn't work since there is no file type extension. View Text not acceptable since images can't be seen. Any ideas on how I can open this file in Gmail or convert it somehow.?

TerryNet

Terry
What are you using to try to download it? Exactly where in the process does it refuse to download? Any error message?

If you can get it downloaded you can choose an application or rename it with the correct extension if you know it.

kagemi

When I click on the attachment I get 2 options, ViewText or Download. Download says it can't do it since the file has no file type. If I knew the file type I would set the proper program to open it.

TerryNet

Terry
You must have some setting that blocks the download. I tried downloading a gmail attachment with no extension using IE9 in Windows 7 Home Premium and got a popup at the bottom of IE asking if I wanted to save the file; it downloaded after I responded 'yes.' See attachment.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online