1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gmail People Widget

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by benwmenard, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benwmenard

benwmenard Thread Starter

I am relatively new to Gmail. The "people widget" in the lower left corner of the screen is very annoying for me. I have followed Google's instructions about hiding the widget in the "Settings" menu. I have cleared cache and cookies. All browser plug ins are up-to-date. I have even used three separate browsers to access my Gmail accounts. The results are still the same. The darn "people search box" and a list of recently contacted email addresses appears in the lower left corner of the screen and covers up my list of Gmail folder labels. I have searched other forums, but no one posts a valid answer to this problem.

Thanks in advance for considering my question.

2. Rearden

Rearden Banned

Are you referring to Gmail labels? If you are, the list of names on the left shouldn't be covering them up. Just put your mouse over the list of filters, and it automatically expands so you can see or scroll through all of them.

I don't know of a way to change the layout of Gmail to eliminate the list of names to chat with.

3. benwmenard

benwmenard Thread Starter

I guess I didn't realize that the "people widget" and the "chat" feature were separate features.

I did find that I could make the "chat" box much smaller by dragging the top edge of the box down toward the bottom of the page. That leaves most of the folder names exposed and easily available.

Thanks for taking the time to look into my issue.

Ben

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!