Solved: Gmail situation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mooash

I use Gmail as my primary gmail and used to use Thunderbird to download and use my email, yet when I went to go check it out of Thunderbird I realised that all Thunderbird was doing was downlaoding the mail and putting it into folders computer side, doing nothing server side. I was wondering if there was a program out there that when you download mail into it and move them into folders does it server side as well? So that it more mimics and makes changes to your email on the actual Gmail server. Like on the iPod touch's for example.

Thanks in advance!

Use IMAP instead of POP3 in Thunderbird or any other mail client. You will first need to enable IMAP in Gmail settings. I suppose it will help you out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online