Solved: Goes to Safe Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

big300

Night before last when I turned my computer off it was working fine. Yesterday when I turned it on I got an error message and it wouldn't boot up so I turned it off and tried again. This message came up---A fatal exception 06 has occurred at 0157:00000168. The current application will be terminated.--Then it said to click any key to continue so I did and it brought up the black screen to choose the "safe mode" so I did and checked everything under the control panel and can find nothing wrong. Now everytime I turn the computer on it automaticly goes to safe mode. I have no clue what else to do. Can anyone give any suggestions?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Is there a menu that pops up when Windows is starting with the safemode, normal mode, etc. options?

big300

No, it just loads like it would normally except into safe mode. I forgot to say that it doesn't have safe mode in the corners like it does sometime. Don't know why and if it makes any difference but it looks all white and grainy like it does in safe mode even tho it doesn't say it in the corner.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
It's not in safe mode if it doesn't say safe mode.

You video drivers need to be reinstalled, OR, you can try this:

Boot to command prompt only by tapping F8 key until you get the menu, then type

scanreg/restore
and press enter

Choose yesterday or the day before to restore.

big300

Thanks for the help. I have copied your advice for future reference. I went into control panel and changed the color to 16 bit and the size of the icons since they were too big and rebooted and it booted up nornally. Don't know what that did but anyway it is working ok right now. Thanks for the help!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
That'll work too. Most often when the video drivers are corrupted, you will only have the choice of 2 colors or 16 colors....not a bit of anything ;)

You can mark your thread solved by using the THREAD TOOLS drop down option.

Have a great evening :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online