Solved: going green

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cci704

I'm from the good old days when you shut things off when you were done like shutting off the lights when you leave the room. I have found out a way to to avoid rebooting and I think save electricity.. Put the computer in either standby or hibernate and then kill the power source. When power is restored it goes back without a reboot. This is with both XP and XP Pro.

Stoner

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong ( things do change )
With XP.....
In standby, the session is saved in ram and if you cut the power, that data is lost.
And isn't hibernation the saving of data in ram and the session ..... to the hard drive with all hardware then shut down?

Agree with Stoner. Laptop battery will maintain memory, but desktop with no power source will lose memory and restart when power restored.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online