Solved: Good,Better,Best Duplicate Music File Delete Program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr. Newton

Terry
Is there such a thing,or is this one of those times when I have to go through each file and delete by hand? Date modified will not apply since I made tag modifications,my bad.That is a whole new problem.
Jeebers I really messed up my music files.The transfer from the old comp 2 HDD's to the new comp ,1HDD,had 2 "my music" folders,one under docs & sets,my music, and another one under docs & sets, my name ,my docs,my music.....Put them in 1 folder and now have 2 of almost all ,except for all the new tunes I have put in that folder.
I just need to know if there is a best one time only use for a reliable duplicate file removal program.

Mr. Newton

Terry
old comp had my music on each HDD,not in different folders,another my bad post.
c/my music and f/my music,both now on c/, hence 2x files.

Mr. Newton

Terry
I just ran duplicate cleaner and I had no duplicate files,from over 18,000 files,hmmmmm.
This is an issue I have with some of what I find using this thing,
advice and instructions you find today that works for someone else's machine does not necessarily work on your machine,
I know I have duplicate files.

Check the settings. And are you sure you are reading the results correctly?

I've used this cleaner for a long time and it finds all the dupes I have. You may be using too many criteria.

Set File Filter to *.* and "Same Content (CRC)", leaving the other criteria unchecked. Add all the folders you want checked to the right hand pane.

I don't beleive that you will find any better program for this jovb. They all have similar functions and settings.

(Sorry. I didn't actually Edit your post--just pressed the wrong button.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online