1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Goog buys on memory--and a question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by buf, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buf

buf Thread Starter

A great deal on memory, if you need and Buy.Com is a good company:

http://www.buy.com/prod/crucial-2gb...z-184-pin-ddr-memory/q/loc/101/201674177.html

This is a subject that always seems to confuse me. My system is running 200MHz and the memory I would like to have is the Crucial PC3200 that the above link will open to. If I put a stick of this in with the [email protected], will this 400MHz be compatible with what I presently have? Please guide me folks. Of course, I suppose I could install these two sticks after removing the sticks now installed!! The MB can accommodate 3GB maximum.
    The PC I am referring to is running XP Pro and the MB is the BIOSTAR AMD M7NCG 400.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Use the configurator at www.crucial.com and it will tell you what is compatible with your motherboard.

3. buf

buf Thread Starter

Many thanks win2kpro but I later learned that my MB would allow the 400MHz to run. I'm not quiet ready to close this thread just in case someone else has something to offer. Still good buys tho', if you need.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice