1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Google Causes Netscape to Stop Responding

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by finwood, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. finwood

finwood Thread Starter

I have had this problem for over a month now, and have started to use other search engines, but I'd like to have google back. Every time I try to search, go to google.com, do anything with google, Netscape 8.1.2 will stop responding, and says it has to close. I have recently gone from cable to dsl, but it was doing it before......Anyone have a clue?

2. happyrck

happyrck

is your firewall blocking netscape...

3. finwood

finwood Thread Starter

I don't have any other firewall than the one windows xp comes with. Besides, this has just started. I have used google for years, and even have a google mail account. It doesn't happen on my husbands computer, which has the same version of netscape. It's got to be something I have done, but I can't think of anything I have done differently.

4. happyrck

happyrck

I would reinstall netscape...I'm not sure about netscape but firefox would save all your bookmarks...

5. finwood

finwood Thread Starter

I have solved my problem. Netscape has built in security that has site trust settings. Some how Google's trust rating got messed up. I removed it from the list, and that's all it took. Google is back..... Yea!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/516232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice