1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Google Crome Won't Save All Passwords

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Guyzer, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    I'm running a laptop with Win 8 & Google Crome and like the software to save my passwords which it is doing except for Gmail. It will not save them. Matter of fact the option box does not even pop up for me to try and save them. It will work for all other sites so is there a setting somewhere that I need to change to allow ALL passwords to be saved. If there is I can't find it and it's driving me nuts because I have to check my accounts numerous times each day. " Offer to save passwords I enter on the web " is selected in the Crome settings.

2. valis

valis Moderator

in the 'saved passwords' area of Chrome, is gmail added to the 'never save' section?

3. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    V it isn't added. That area is blank as blank can be.. The box above it does contain all my saved passwords though and that's where Gmail should be as well.

I've compared every setting on my laptop to my desktop system and they are identical as far as settings go. My desktop IS saving Gmail passwords and that's what I find strange.

4. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Something else I detest about this stupid Crome is I cant have the box that contains
    " File - Edit - History - Bookmarks - Tools - Help " above the URL box area like we see on Firefox.

Why do these geeky idiots have to fix something what ain't broke. I want that area back and I want it now!

5. valis

valis Moderator

switch back to FF.....;)

let me do some more checking on that chrome issue; I don't use it, so I'm poking around in it currently.

6. valis

valis Moderator

7. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Best idea I've seen yet. Just about did it last night. Then we had an ice storm and it knocked the power out so I went to bed. :D

I suppose I should have mentioned I scoured Google and came up with the same thing so I'm not to only one.

Enough of this crap. I'm putting the " uninstall " function to work. Stupid geeks....... :D

8. valis

valis Moderator

:D

I just have a huge issue with chrome and some random memory leaks. Dunno why, but if I leave it open for an hour or so, my page file is just getting thrashed.

I keep it installed for when I need to test something (like today) but rarely use it.

9. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    I just put a bullet between it's eyes so it's history. Stupid geeks.... ;)

10. valis

valis Moderator

'burning chrome'......:D

11. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    And the final coop de grass will be done by marking this thread solved. Stupid geeks. :eek:

12. valis

valis Moderator

:D's.......need to get an auto-solve for ya, Guyzer....

13. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Ya... get mad ... post... talk it up with my buddy.. continue on being mad, not at buddy, just the software.....
    remedy being mad by destroying software... auto mark solved. (y)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1121146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice