1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Google page minor annoyance

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by twscarp, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twscarp

twscarp Thread Starter

Good morning, I was messing around with my Firefox Google Home Page removing extra toolbars the other day, but somehow removed the text below the Google toolbar, and below the Google Search, and I'm Feeling Lucky buttons. I've tried in Firefox safe-mode to restore the toolbar and controls, but no luck. Also uninstalled, then installed Mozilla Firefox, still no joy. You can see the correct configuration on the Internet Explorer Google page, but the Firefox page is missing the text. Any help or ideas will be appreciated, thanks,...Tom

PS Never used Zip Files, hope the attachments work.

Edit 2:20 PM: After searching around, this feature is called Google Fade. When Google is loaded, only the "Google" logo, the "Search Bar", "Google Search" button, and the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button appear, when the mouse is moved the rest of the info is displayed. Apparently mine is stuck and won't fade into the rest of the info. My question is how to make the fade work?

Attached Files:

2. twscarp

twscarp Thread Starter

OK, I cleared the Firefox cookies, and magically the fade is working properly now, go figure? Everyone have a good day, go CAVS!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice