Solved: Google page minor annoyance

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twscarp

Good morning, I was messing around with my Firefox Google Home Page removing extra toolbars the other day, but somehow removed the text below the Google toolbar, and below the Google Search, and I'm Feeling Lucky buttons. I've tried in Firefox safe-mode to restore the toolbar and controls, but no luck. Also uninstalled, then installed Mozilla Firefox, still no joy. You can see the correct configuration on the Internet Explorer Google page, but the Firefox page is missing the text. Any help or ideas will be appreciated, thanks,...Tom

PS Never used Zip Files, hope the attachments work.

Edit 2:20 PM: After searching around, this feature is called Google Fade. When Google is loaded, only the "Google" logo, the "Search Bar", "Google Search" button, and the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button appear, when the mouse is moved the rest of the info is displayed. Apparently mine is stuck and won't fade into the rest of the info. My question is how to make the fade work?

Attachments

twscarp

OK, I cleared the Firefox cookies, and magically the fade is working properly now, go figure? Everyone have a good day, go CAVS!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online