1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: gotta love it..

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by faller49, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faller49

faller49 Thread Starter

Dell 8.1 64 bit
    3.49 CPU
    8 GB memory
    PC

so.. the computer worked fine this morning.. then I ran to the store .. nobody else home.. nobody else having use of the computer.. no new downloads in weeks..

now the bars at top of the page have changed.. which is not the first time.. I have just learned to live with windows changing things up at any given time..

But the bad part is NOW when I am on a web site... Yahoo.... different forums including this one,,.. MSN is my home page and problems are there also..in fact all web pages... there is no task bar and no icons at bottom of the screen that have been there for months.. there is no start button... nothing..

the only way I can move from web site to web site is to close out of whatever site I am on.. then both on the start page and the desktop all the taskbar icons and the start button are available... once you go to a web site they are again not available..

again this is a change of working as well as 8.1 can work for months... going to store for about 1 hour or less... to now screwed up.. and again.. nobody else home or with access

anybody got the problem and a fix... I hope.. really not ready for another new computer.. first one lasted 15 years.. 2nd one lasted 5 years.. this one ..1 year???

2. faller49

faller49 Thread Starter

to add more info..

I do not know what it is called but always before you could get an information type thing (charms) to come out of the right side of the screen.. That also is gone and I have wore the mouse out trying..LOL..

very strange this 8.1 different every day ..

the clock is gone.. the things you used to be able to' hover' to bring to view are all not working.. ( charms.. there are no charms to the right.. and no 'other web pages to the left)

did a bing and google search but evidently I am the only one having problems with 8.1 since 2013

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  3. faller49

faller49 Thread Starter

Ok this is very strange.. Twice now, since my first posting everything started working as it should with the only thing different being the upper bars are different for each web page or site (and still different than this morning).. different bars.. icons located differently in same bars ..
    But as I say.. the Task bar at bottom of screen came back.. back with the start button and all the icons that I have put there.. I have in each case ran through several web sites and pages to verify it was ok.. This check even included this site .. so.. both times.. I have came here with the intention of doing a explanation of developments post and mark Solved..

And both times that I came here to do that deed.. the Task Bar was again missing... And No.. I am not in any way thinking this site is a cause.. I go back ..do the site checks again..and no Task bar.. No start button.. just seems to come and go. right now .. again .. they are gone..

The bars at top.. IE menu..favorites ..command etc although not consistent through different web sites is more like it was when I first got 8.1 then about 6 or so months ago I turned on the computer and they were changed and stayed that way.. until today

well no idea and from what i have been able to find out. I have the dreaded.... ' never heard of that before and I don't think it is possible..'

Microsoft won't comment at all on it and pointed me to completely unrelated fixes.. just to prove they have fixed something at sometime. Information on windows 8.1 on google or bing searches is not applicable .

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  4. faller49

faller49 Thread Starter

marked solved.. I THINK..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice