1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: GPO for Adobe Flash Player Update?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Tony414, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tony414

Tony414 Thread Starter

Is there way I can have client machines either automatically update adobe flash player or allow users to install the update? I currently have all domain users part of the power users group. But this still doesn't allow them to update flash. Very frustrating when you have hundreds of machines not allowing them to update it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tony

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

3. Tony414

Tony414 Thread Starter

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yeah! I came across that also. It just seems like way to much to do for something simple. I thought there might be a way using a gpo to allow for the users to update the software. Is it an ActiveX control?

Tony

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Flash has an active X portion yes and there is an but its all installed via their installer and unless they plan to change that then your not going to be able to allow them without admin rights as far as I am aware. Even changing all the I.E. settings to run all the Active X stuff won't change the ability to install this or not.

5. Tony414

Tony414 Thread Starter

All I have to say is thanks and DARN! Wish there was a simpler way. So were you able to get the KB article to work for you?

6. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

We just push out new versions here. I use the KB articles way to disable the update prompt. Then as new versions come out we test, verify, and push them out to the systems.

7. peterh40

peterh40

8. Tony414

Tony414 Thread Starter

Seems to be working as stated. Thanks for the help...

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/812340