1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: gpu problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jallar4, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jallar4

jallar4 Thread Starter

Well my brand new gpu is a radeon 6770 from Sapphire. My PSU is 500w the deal is that when i plug my card in, it DOESNOT display anything. When i use my old nvidia 9500gt it displays the second i press the power button HELP ME FIX THIS. Oh and without using the 6 pin power connector the gpu runs loudly but if i plug the connecter in the gpu runs silently........my cpu is intel core 2 quad

It would show the windows welcome message for 2 seconds before turning black....i can hear the windows running cause of the error sounds it makes when i hit keys....

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sounds like you need a new card.

3. jallar4

jallar4 Thread Starter

It is very new just got it today and when i shut off the computer for 3 seconds it would show Shutting Down

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does your computer also have integrated graphics? What motherboard do you have and whats the model of the power supply?

The 6 pin power connector MUST be plugged into the card for it to work right.

Since you are seeing the welcome screen and shutdown screen then you initial description of not seeing anything is wrong. You may just have some BIOS settings wrong and/or a driver issue.

You must also uninstall the previous video card drivers, do that with the old card plugged in.

Or as mentioned the card may just be faulty, new products can indeed be faulty.

5. jallar4

jallar4 Thread Starter

na the gpu was just broken, i exchanged it and saw that the new one had the pins pushed all the way down while the broken one was a little bent and pulled up............

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

It happens. New or not. :D

7. TechSocial

TechSocial TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice