1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: GPU temp and Fan headers..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richiethomas1234, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richiethomas1234

richiethomas1234 Thread Starter

So i am having trouble with my components staying cool. I only have the two case fans running but i am getting two more fans tomorrow. The other problem is that i only have 2 headers on my motherboard which is a ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 My GPU is H270QM2G2M Radeon R9 270 and this is my case CORSAIR CARBIDE 200R ATX. I have a splitter than can connect to 4 fans so i have two connected right now and was going to connect the other two tomorrow when the fans get here but i was reading online and idk if that is such a good idea anymore. Can someone let me know how to keep my gpu cool? And if it's safe to connect 4 fans to one header. I'm new to this so bare with me

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Do you have good circulation of air around your case including the bottom portion where your power supply is at (I am not sure how exactly your power supply might be installed).

3. richiethomas1234

Idk what IS good circulation is the thing :l My power supply is at the bottom and my gpu is pretty much right next to it. One fan is in the front of the case and one in the back but the one in front doesn't seem to do much

4. richiethomas1234

i worded that stupidly haha i'm a little drunk. sorry :p

5. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Is your computer placed on a carpet in your room or any other place where there is carpet?

What I mean of good air circulation is that if nothing is blocking the vents for your computer. That you have some space around your computer for air to flow into your computer.

6. replay

replay

the corsair pulls air in from 2 "smallish" front SIDE vents, which may need a strong fan(s) .... high rpm ..... to cool your internal components

7. replay

replay

which way do u have the psu fan facing....

8. replay

replay

also u can just connect xtra fans straight to the power supply with these......

Attached Files:

9. richiethomas1234

Yeah my computer is in a very good spot not on carpet or anything. I have a computer desk with all open sides so it get svery good air flow from outside of the case and my power supply fan is facing up towards my gpu. Which is how i thought it was supposed to face in the case. I'll show a pic of the inside

10. richiethomas1234

if imgur will allow me to lol

11. richiethomas1234

12. richiethomas1234

13. richiethomas1234

Will it be okay if i connect all four to one fan slot on the motherboard though?

14. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Did you built this computer?

I think your case has a ventilation screen on the bottom of the case. Have you tried placing the power supply fan facing downwards.

15. richiethomas1234

I found this build on youtube haha but no i didn't know that was possible. Will it mess anything up?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1151489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice