1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Graphics Card help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow Kolezar, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shadow Kolezar

Shadow Kolezar Thread Starter

Heres a simple one to solve

Just bought new computer from tigerdirect.com (ill post link in a sec) and I need a good graphics card preferably under $150

I want to run newer games like BioShock, the Orange Box(which I can already but still) Cod4, and others...

Post links if you can and thanks for the help

2. Shadow Kolezar

Here is link

My desktop

I obviously customized it but if you need details just ask... I went with the basic chipset because I'd rather buy the graphics separate

3. reapcorp

reapcorp

Hello there.
    You can get an xfx 8600gt 512MB for $89
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150247

or a 256 xfx 8600gt 256MB for $69 after Mail in Rebates
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150229

and FInally you can get the new 9600gt for $139 after mail in rebates
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150277
    the only downside to this card is that it will be long, and you might have trouble installing it because that case looks small.

This cards will play Crysis!!! But in low resolution 1024x768 on high settings, good enough : )
    And they will play all those games that you mentioned.

4. Shadow Kolezar

ah ty ty ill have to look at these.. they will work with this comp rught? and the tower is actually pretty big

5. frankjohn

frankjohn

It showes a 350 watt power supply as you add on hardware you have to have sufficent power to operate. Keep that in mind: I would increace if i was U.

6. Shadow Kolezar

it has 600 watt.. told you I customized it lol

but yeah it is increased

7. frankjohn

frankjohn

Thats good, enjoy your new PC

8. reapcorp

reapcorp

Yes Those Graphics cards will work with you computer. And specially with that Power Supply : D

9. Compiler

Compiler

Yeah, you told us you customized it - but that DOESN'T tell us a thing about the computer. How are we to KNOW that you selected the 600watt PSU. When you need help on your computer - you need to tell people what is in it.

The 8600GT cards are crap... they were at $175.... they are okay at $75 or so. But the 9600GTs are a good value at $125~150 and WILL play Crysis pretty good. Like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134040

10. Shadow Kolezar

I understand that that is why I said to ask.. I'm still working on specs so I haven't posted yet

11. Compiler

Compiler

??? That makes no sense. If you've just bought the computer as you say, then you have the specs. Its on your order form or you should know it by memory.

Like top of my head: My 3yr old son has this in his Compaq: AMD64 3200 / 1GB ram (2 sticks) 400mhz / 250GB HD / ATI 9550 AGP video card w/128mb and a Thermaltake 360watt PSU. WinXP Sp2 home.

Nobody likes to play guessing games on what is inside your box.

12. frankjohn

frankjohn

Makes Sence To Me Compiler

13. Shadow Kolezar

I'm not done building it is why... stop raging against me and post something useful.. was a simple enough question.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice