1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Graphics Card Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ret03man, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ret03man

ret03man Thread Starter

Any help will be appreciated with this problem. I have installed a new graphics card in my PCI Express slot that is compatible to the slot. The card is a BFG Tech GeForce 7300 GS OC. When I rebooted the new hardware was detected and the drivers were installed to the video controller and the display adapter. But then the computer still detects new hardware it calls a PCI device. It cannot find any drivers from the installation CD or online for the hardware. Every time I disable it in device manager,it pops up again when I reboot. Before I installed the new card I removed the old display drivers and hardware.

My system is a Dell Dimension E510.
    Intel Pentium D CPU 2.66 Gh
    1 Gb memory
    Windows XP Home w SP2

I have worked on this on my own for days so I am ready to listen to suggestions. Thanks!

2. partymanjohn

partymanjohn

What type is your integrated graphics card? It's usually avg. May have to go to your bios settings, then go to advance i believe, display settings or what ever its called and make sure its on PCI Express. I had the same problem.

3. ret03man

ret03man Thread Starter

Thanks PartymanJohn!
    I appreciate your response and suggestion. I have tried to go into System Setup but I cannot change any info in the PCI Slots shown. If someone could please instruct me how to do this I would be grateful. Is there a way to detect and turn off the integrated graphics card?

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Every bios is different...read the symbols and instructions at the bottom of screen and you will see how.
    Usually you scroll to the onboard, hit enter and then arrow up or down and then "esc" and save etc...but it should be spelled out.

5. ret03man

ret03man Thread Starter

Thanks Rich-M
    I find that in display adapters in the device manager it shows my new graphics card. So I have just disabled the PCI Device in device manager and it seems to work fine. Will that create any problems? If not I think this problem is solved. Thanks Again!

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

It could cause problems, don't do it there, do it in the bios.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice