1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Graphics card & processor compatible with Sims 3?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cinnamon555, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cinnamon555

cinnamon555 Thread Starter

I'm buying my daughter a new computer. I have limited money so I'm thinking referbished. I have a couple of Dells. Both choices have AMD Athlon processors. One is 64 Duel Core, the other is x2 processor. I'm not sure if one is better or both the same. I learned a lot from reading the forum on this sight but I'm still a litttle confused. Both of the computers have integrated nvidia Quadro nvs 210s graphics. She mainly uses it for internet (UTube video) and Sims. She plays sims 2, and just got Sims 3 but her old computer is not capable. Sims 3 requirements name many nvidia Ge Force, Radian (several) and intel GMA 3 & 4 series. The Quadro is not included, is that because it's to new or because Quadro is actually for business application?

2. SoftMaster

SoftMaster

Hi cinnamon555,

According to the offcial Nvidia Quadro geforce 210 website: http://www.nvidia.in/object/product_geforce_210_in.html , Sims3 are well supported:
    Hope it helps.

Thanks for reading.

3. SoftMaster

SoftMaster

Sorry, but I mistaken the Nvidia, you said Quadro nvs 210s, so it's not the same graphic card that I looked for. I'm still searching for a good reply.

Thanks.

4. SoftMaster

SoftMaster

Ok,
    It seems that Nvidia Quadro nvs 210s is the same as NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE. Windows system detects Nvidia Quadro nvs 210 as NVIDIA Quadro NVS 210S / NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE.

According to the SIMS official website the lower graphic card that can be used with Sims 3 is Nvidia 6200 that is more powerful than the 6150LE (http://www.ehow.com/info_8025400_geforce-6150-le-specifications.html).

On paper, you can't run SIMS 3 game.

Thanks for reading.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice