1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Graphics card?

Discussion in 'Games' started by BallaterBoy, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BallaterBoy

BallaterBoy Thread Starter

Hi
    Having probs with my Tiger Woods PGA 08 Golf game. (Only real game I have)

Was fine but now when the course i choose starts to load it crashes the system before completing.
    1. wondered if it was Graphics card. have a radeon 9600. (quite an old card) Put on
    latest drivers but that almost seemed to make it worse. Have no problems with
    other applications. Should i try and find original disc with drivers and load them or
    do I need a new card. Suggestions of a good step up from the 9600 would be valuable.

2. Also wondered if it was a memory problem. have 3 sticks of crucial 512MB DDR
    PC3200. Gives me 1536MB which the Crucial Scan says was my maximum. Crucial
    test also says it only sees 3 slots but I have 4. maybe Motherboard is on its way out?

3. Mistakingly allowed a friend (supposed computer whiz kid!!) to put on an ATI tool and
    overclock. wasn't happy about what was happening and stopped it and reset to
    defaults. being a silver surfer i thought he knew what he was doing. maybe thats'
    damaged something.

Running Win XP. let me know if anyone has advice or needs mor info. Much obliged. thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice