1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Graphics issue playing WoW

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mattattack, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattattack

mattattack Thread Starter

I just got a new graphic card for my desktop and while im playing WoW (only game im currently playing) i keep getting random video freezes. The mouse still moves around and i still hear the sound from the game, but the games video just stops for about 10-20 seconds. Usually it un-lags and fixes itself, but other times it just crashes the game and goes back to my desktop and its in like a 4bit color look, then shuts off all video feed about 10 seconds after.

Card is an EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SE

If needed i can list all other pc specs.

Help plx. =[

EDIT: Just took out the old graphic card and decided to just send it back to get a replacement incase its some kinda of flaw from production. Decided to just use my onboard graphics instead of reinstalling and then uninstalling my old card while i wait the week for the other one to come back.Onboard graphics are 256 and now my game is instantly crashing and blue screening when i get on. Any ideas?

2. mattattack

mattattack Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice