Solved: Green Checked Box at Program File Icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jba-gc

After installing a new hard drive and reinstalling Vista SP1, a small green box with a check mark appeared in the bottom left corner of each progam file icon on my desktop or in Windows Explorer (see attached). There is no problem with system functionality; everything works great. What does this checked green box refer to and how do I eliminate it? Do I want to eliminate it?

Attachments

jba-gc

Question Answered. The Check Mark is not a Vista Issue. It is a mark placed by Norton 360 Ver 2 indicating that the file was backed up. It can be removed by Norton in the Settings Tab of 360 ver 2. Nothing in the Norton Help File explains this new feature.

hi-
your reply said this green check appears because of nortons.
i have an xp and use mcafee.
what causes this? i never had this problem before - and i've had this laptop for years. this only happened recently.
i did not install a new hard drive.
i back up using mozy - which i have been doing for a while.
the green checks only appeared in the last month.
thank you.

jba-gc

The check marks are indicators that the file was backed up. You need to disable that feature on your backup program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online