1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Green tint on LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rgwelch002, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgwelch002

rgwelch002 Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Presario 900 mhz amd athlon 768 ram machine and a Dell E510 3ghz intel Pentium 4 2816 ram .I have a Dell LCD monitor.The problem is when I hook up the monitor to the Compaq machine the picture is perfect. BUT when I hook the monitor to the Dell machine and boot-up the screen has a GREEN tint to it.I think it is in the settings of the dell machine. I use this monitor to check different machines. could the monitor be "seeing" the different settings of the other machine and if so how can I change them. CONFUSED! THANKS!

2. rgwelch002

I hooked up another LCD monitor to the Dell machine ,still green. The problem is in the Dell Dimension E510 machine.I don't know much about this machine or the windows 7 operating system that is on it.(haven't had this but a short time.)Does anyone out there know how to calibrate the color on this machine? THANKS!

3. rgwelch002

Sorry,I forgot to say that I have seen this Dell machine work just fine on the same Dell monitor when I first got it. I think that when I hooked the Dell monitor up to the Compaq machine it work just find.Then I hooked it back up to the Dell machine and that is when I got the green tint.The Dell machine must have got out of calibration . Does this make sense to someone out there? I know that the monitor is working fine and what ever the problem is it points toward the Dell Dimension E510.
    THANKS!

4. rgwelch002

I found out that the green tint came from a bad Video Cable. Everything works fine now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/967477