1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Greetings Workshop 1996 installation issues

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Frindell87, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frindell87

Frindell87 Thread Starter

I recently dusted off my software collection, and I decided to install Greetings Workshop 1996 into my computer. I'm currently running under Windows XP.

I popped the cd into the tray, and it proceeded to bring up the window where you can select to install the program or quit. After pushing the install button, a 16 bit Windows Subsystem warning pops up. In the body it says "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose 'Close' to terminate the application." There are two buttons entitled close and ignore. If I push on close, it obviously closes the program. If I push ignore, the process freezes, and I am forced to CTRL-ALT-DEL the sucker.

I've been surfing the net for a while, and I can't find any information on this dinosauric program. My family absolutely loves it, and I would appreciate any help from anyone. Thank you!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome.

http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/

This installaton program will reinstall the missing or corrupt Windows XP system files command.com, autoexec.nt and config.nt. The absence or corruption of one or more of these files causes a "16 Bit Subsystem" error.

We recommend that you download this file and save it to your desktop or to another location where you can find it. Double click on the file to run it once it's downloaded. If problem reoccurs in the future, simply re-run this program.

3. Frindell87

Thank you so much!

4. ~Candy~

You are very welcome! Enjoy :)

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Hey the win2k hotfix off that download page fixed a problem I was having with win2k running an old version of Print Artist. Thanks! :)

6. ~Candy~

Cool, you're welcome too :D

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Frindell87:

I've had Microsoft Greetings Workshop Deluxe 2.0 for a few years. My wife loves it for creating and printing off cards and signs, and it's very user-friendly. (y)

8. Frindell87

Awesome. Thanks for all the help and tips. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice