Solved: 'Greyed out' Hibernate/Standby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheOAP

Hi,
Have Toshiba laptop M60-124, 2Gb RAM, 80Gb HD, 80 Gb USB HD, Canon Pixma ip4300 printer. Windows XP Home + SP2 (up to date).
I recently upgraded from 1Gb RAM to 2Gb. From that time I no longer had access to the Hibernate/Standby facility, which I use(d) a lot.
All drivers up to date.
Would be grateful for help.
Pete

TheOAP

Hi,
Have Toshiba laptop M60-124, 2Gb RAM, 80Gb HD, 80 Gb USB HD, Canon Pixma ip4300 printer. Windows XP Home + SP2 (up to date).
I recently upgraded from 1Gb RAM to 2Gb. From that time I no longer had access to the Hibernate/Standby facility, which I use(d) a lot.
All drivers up to date.
Would be grateful for help.
Pete
bump

I saw a thread on this last week and the solution that seemed to work for everyone was to reinstall your video driver. Doesn't sound like one has to do with the other but that is what worked.

TheOAP

Thanks Devil-Himself,
I tried all you suggested but no-go!
I've attempted to get an updated Video driver but my laptop model (M60-164) isn't listed on the Toshiba site now.
I can see how this could be the problem after upgrading RAM.
How do I get an update for this driver???
Thanks
TheOAP

TheOAP

Thanks to all who helped. When I upgraded the RAM, for some reason the Video controller disappeared!
So I didn't know its name... Fortunately I found an archive of Toshiba drivers and was able to re-install the
Video driver! It did the trick!
So thanks again.
TheOAP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online