1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: GT5482E Ethernet Driver for XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Supersimon, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Supersimon

Supersimon Thread Starter

I downgraded my OS from vista to XP on my new GT5482E recently but now I'm stuck do to a lack in drivers. mainly my ethernet driver. I was wondering if its a driver specific to ethernet or if its a motherboard driver as my network card is intergrated. I've been searching and searching but have found no driver for XP that works.

I just need internet so I can get the rest done.

thanks in advance for replies!:)

2. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

according to the Gateway support page they're using the ECS MCP61P-AM mainboard with onboard Marvel Yukon ethernet controller. try this driver:

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/9167/

p.s.: to be sure to be sure, download and run SIW on your Gateway PC, in the Hardware section click Motherboard to verify the model, then click PCI to identify your devices.

3. Supersimon

thanks for the reply. however the driver is missing, I've tried googling it, not getting any new results.

4. Supersimon

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/742575