1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: GTA IV Support

Discussion in 'Games' started by Muhib, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Muhib

Muhib Thread Starter

Hello, I want to know some compatibility issues. Grand Theft Auto 4, a well known game not released more than 3-4 years ago.

I want to know, does GTA IV support Windows 7 32 Bit? Have anyone ever tried it on Win 7. I went into the compatibility site and saw that it supports Windows Vista, does it mean that it will also support Win 7?

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Since I play it on Windows 7 64-bit, I will assume it works fine on the 32-bit version. Also note that Episodes from Liberty City came out after 7 so, even if it didn't support 7, a patch (that will automatically download) will bring it up to 7.

Here is a guaranteed way to get it to work. Either purchase the game on Steam or buy the game, but activate it on Steam. That way, it will work on 7 and will be automatically updated.

By the way, as a general rule, if it works on Vista, it works on 7.

3. Loui5D

Loui5D

Unfortunately you will suffer decreased performance due to the 32 bit OS, where it cannot handle a lot of data.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!