1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gta San Andreas Error

Discussion in 'Games' started by Trigueiros, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trigueiros

Trigueiros Thread Starter

Hi guys,

i have been playing San Andreas a few years now and the other day it was given me an error C:\DOCUME~1\TRIGUE~1\DEFINI~1\Temp\a2fe_appcompat.txt

It says that the error it´s in that a2fe_appcompat.txt and others like it.

Can i fix it ? How can you help me ?

Thanks for the time

Cheers

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Welcome to TSG! (y)

from what I see, that is not the problem. that is the error report file. http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_resolve_my_problem_with_appcompattxt.html

So GTA is crashing. We just need the other error info that may say what caused it. most likely a driver. have you installed or updated anything recently? like around the same time these errors started?

Not to scare you but some threads on that error say malware/spyware can cause it. Does the .txt error pop up for other programs or just GTA?

3. Trigueiros

Hi, thanks a lot for aswering fast by the way (y)

The only thing that i did it was just attaching mods to the game so that could be more fun:)

By the way, me and solving pc problemas it´s not so much fun, i´m screwed up dude in that aspect:(
    The error message contains a lot of (what should be) the main problems of the error but i can´t copy it to show you guys.

I´m going to get a good at the help ( how to ) and "hope" to keep in touch.

Once again, thanks a lot !

4. Trigueiros

Ok so...

The problem it´s not the appcompat that i know now.
    The message contains the errors such has gta_sa.exe and basically all the .dll

5. Trigueiros

Ok so...

The problem it´s not the appcompat that i know now.
    The message contains the errors such has gta_sa.exe and basically all the .dll

6. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

OK, so it is the game. I'm betting it's one of the mods. Back in my GTA modding days I would often crash or corrupt my game. It got so bad, I made a complete copy of the game files so I could "restore" it without a full install. :D

Some mods will only work with certain versions of the game, and some mods don't work so well in some systems. Modding games is allot of trial and error. Most games do become unstable a little when you add mods. Best to go slow and add one or two at a time. test it a while then add more.

If you can remove the mods one at a time you might just find the one(s) causing the crashes.
    GTA has some really neat mods, sadly not all of them work. Or some don't work together, might be a conflicting mod.

7. Trigueiros

Thanks for everything !

If i need anything i´ll contact you again.

Continue the good work, i really appreciate the help.

Take care dude:)

8. Trigueiros

Everything looks good and up and running ! thanks for the support ! Keep doing a great job ! Cheers

9. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Glad to hear it! :D
    You can mark this post solved by using the thread tools found in the upper right of your first post.

Happy gaming!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice