Solved: GTA Vice city half screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krnw31009

I have installed gta vc on my pc,
e-machine 180
g-force fx 5200 pci 128mb
1.8 celeron intel
786 ram
sp pack 1
game installed fine until i ran the game only half the screen was visible? :confused:
please help as i have tryed evrything from updating my graphic card drivers to installing directx 9c, uninstalling xp and reinstalling,changing monitors.
All my other games run great

what part of the screen is visible? The Left side? The right side? and does it take up the whole screen or is the other parts balcked out?

krnw31009

Topato said:
what part of the screen is visible? The Left side? The right side? and does it take up the whole screen or is the other parts balcked out?
top half is on the bottom half of the screen.

I had a problem with Vice City, not like this, but somewhat similar. But I disabled Vertical Sync on my graphic card, and it ended up working again. I don't know if it will help at all with your problem, but you never know.

I believe Vertical Sync locks it at 30 FPS so I dont know how helpful that would be

krnw31009

Update on first message thanks for all your help (y) (y)
Got the problem sorted overnight.uninstalled the game, reinstalled windows xp
then installed the game again with a nocd patch(cheat i know) adjusted the display settings on the options menu in the game to 800x600 32 bit,exit game& restart. it work fine now cheers :D :D :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online