1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Half Life 2 Episode Pack

Discussion in 'Games' started by EvanC, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EvanC

EvanC Thread Starter

I just purchased a copy of Half Life 2 Episode Pack. On the Install screen, when I click on Install, the Timer cursor appears at the pointer, and nothing happens. I left it like this for 10 minutes, and still nothing happened. Does anybody know why?

2. wiley8425

wiley8425

No. We're not psychics. It would be helpful if you would post your system specs and what OS you are trying to install this on for starters... Also, did you purchase the Retail version or off of Steam?

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

As wiley said (albeit not very diplomatically) we could do with more information really. The more info you can give us the quicker and more effectively people will be able to help you.

4. EvanC

EvanC Thread Starter

I purchased the Retail version of Half-life 2 Episode Pack. I am using Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service Pack 3. I have a NVidia GeForce 7600 GS video card, and Sound Max digital audio. Is there any additional information you need?

5. wiley8425

wiley8425

Thanks. Do you have Steam installed? If so, are you able to play anything else through Steam ok? If not, a workaround might be to install Steam and activate the product through it instead of trying to install off the discs themselves. You can just activate your product key in Steam itself and it will download the games. It will automatically download the latest version instead of updating the version you have as well. If you have a decent connection going that route will probably save you a lot of headache.

6. EvanC

EvanC Thread Starter

Hey, thanks! I downloaded the game off of Steam using the code, and it works. Problem solved!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/830145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice