1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Half-Life 2 Vista x64 Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by furyownage, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. furyownage

furyownage Thread Starter

Whenever I try to open Half-Life 2 I get to the blurry loading screen. 64-Bit Mode Active appears in a little box at the top of the screen, and the game freezes. What can I do to prevent this.
    Specs:
    Biostar nForce430/GeForce6150 Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 CPU(2.6GHZ Dual)
    Seagate 500GB Hard Drive
    3GB Crucial RAM (2 Sticks)
    450Watt Power Supply
    Windows Vista x64 Buisness

2. x I Joker I

x I Joker I

Are you running the game from Steam or no?

3. x I Joker I

x I Joker I

Okay, well if your running from steam, right click Half-life 2 and go to properties, then go to Launch Settings, type in -32bit then click OK and the game should run fine.

If your not running from Steam then try something similar.

4. furyownage

OK, thank you.

5. x I Joker I

x I Joker I

No problem =D

6. JollyJumJuck

JollyJumJuck

I have the same problem as furyownage (blurry screen in Vista 64 Ultimate, got the game from Steam). When I try your solution, x I Joker I, I receive the following message: "The game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

Any other suggestions? I'd hate to think I spent $75 for nothing.

7. furyownage

Wow you spent $75, I bought the game brand new (orange box set) for $30.

8. JollyJumJuck

JollyJumJuck

Well, actually it was the whole Valve Pack which included Orange Box, all the original Half-Life/Counterstrike, and Left 4 Dead. So that's a bit misleading because the other games work fine and maybe I'm just kvetching, but I was looking forward to some HL2 and it's telling me it's "unavailable".

9. furyownage

Oh I see.

10. x I Joker I

x I Joker I

Sorry that's how I fixed mine. I can't help you anymore, sorry :(. The only thing I did was go to steam right click on the game, go to properties then click launch options, then type in -32bit then click ok, then close it. Launch again and if it happens again, then you will have to try something else. :(

11. furyownage

It worked for me. Thank you.

12. milamber999

milamber999

thanks for the advice. But does this only reduce the product back to 32 bit(although runs nice on my system) and does not address the 64 bit problem

13. wiley8425

wiley8425

The 64-bit version has been broken for months. As of yet, Valve has yet to fix the issues with it.

14. Shagrath_Spawn

Shagrath_Spawn

Mine's doing the same exact thing. I've tried every solution to be found online, but to no avail. I've reinstalled my video card drivers, reinstalled steam, reinstalled HL2, tried running it as administrator and tried the -32bit thing up above, and none of them work. It just goes to the blurry screen and crashes. What is the deal here???

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/783309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice