1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Half Life 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Clumbsy_Mage, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Clumbsy_Mage

Clumbsy_Mage Thread Starter

Getting this when it tries to load the next level...

---------------------------
    Engine Error
    Mod_NumForName: models/props_wasteland/wood_fence01c.mdl not found and models/error.mdl couldn't be loaded
    OK
    HALF-LIFE 2: hl2.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x241f94f7" referenced memory at "0x01070cc0". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
    OK

Very irritating.

2. GripS

GripS

Check the memory with memtest. I recall getting the memory read error when I had my system overclocked too far. Clocked it back a little and it hasn't happened since.

3. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

4. Clumbsy_Mage

Nevermind, restarting my computer fixed it :confused: .

5. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

that error can be random and appear at any time. hopefully though it is fixed, but count on it reappearing sometime.

6. Clumbsy_Mage

So it randomly decides it can't find a file, then throws in a memory error for fun aswell, brilliant. I'm glad my friend payed £15 towards it :eek: .

Not that I wish his money goes to waste or anything, but I get the same kind of errors playing CS: Source aswell. Loading a new map, sometimes it just thinks a file it's looking for doesn't exist, then I'll get a memory error. Oh well.

7. Clumbsy_Mage

Completed the game this morning, very pleasing game :).

8. Senryi

Senryi

I have the same problem!!! I can't get it to work and when I do get the game up and running it only lasts like two minutes before the error message come up! I have:
    Intel 2.4Ghz,
    2x 512MD DDR RAM,
    ATI X800 XL 256MB. I have just recently installed the ATI card and RAM. I have also run the memtest and errors have come up, but i don't know how to fix them! Can any one give me a solution that does not involve getting new hardware for my PC?

9. GripS

GripS

you can't really 'fix' memory errors. Couple of things come to mind. Check with each stick installed individually. It may be one stick is good and the other is bad. OR in some cases a slight bump in voltage can clear em up. Lastly the modules may not be compatible with your particular motherboard chipset(the seems to be a common problem with the latest intel chipsets).

10. Senryi

Senryi

I have also heard of "clocking down" and "overclocking" and in a previous post said they did that then it worked fine. How do i do this?

Also the RAM i am using is from Viking and is brand new. And there could still be some thing wrong with it?

11. GripS

GripS

Most definitely. It's common to get a bad stick of ram(even expensive ram). Check with your motherboard manufacturer and make sure it's on the compatibility list(if one is posted). Check the forums too and see what people are having luck with.

Overclocking would likely make it worse. If anything you would need to downclock it. This is done in the bios. Check your motherboard manual on which settings to tweak.

12. Senryi

Senryi

Thr problem is i didn't make my PC. i bought it from Dell and I have had it for a long while and desided to get new parts for it. Its one of the 4800 series. If i have no other choice i will just buy a new case and mother board. Any good mother boards aout there that are relativly cheap?

13. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

14. Senryi

Senryi

I have done all of that up to step 14. Where do i put that in? In the Half-Life 2 application? or some where on my comp?

15. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

that goes in the launch properties:

right click your steam icon in the tray and go to play games. right click on half life 2, and click properties. theres a button that says Launch Properties. enter that in there.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/362841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice