1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Half-Life wont update

Discussion in 'Games' started by Omega_Shadow, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow Thread Starter

When I start Half-Life and try to go to an internet game I get a message the Half-Life is not up to date. Press Ok to update. I press ok and then I am taken to a Serria uttility that promptly tells me that Half Life is up to date. What the heck is going on?!

I have informed Serria Tech support but they are unwilling to help. By unwilling I mean have not answered any of my e-mails for the past couple of months

2. Kramer55

Kramer55

Are you running through Steam, or is this an older version of HL?

If you are running through Steam, it shouldnt take you to a Sierra site

3. Omega_Shadow

I dont know what steam is. I beleive this to be a older version as it is HL 1: Game of the year edition

and it does not ever take me to any sites, I just starts a Serria auto-update uttillity

4. McTimson

McTimson

The auto update won't work, the WON system no longer exists, which is what HL uses. Unless you want to play the older versions of HL on a LAN, then get Steam, it's the only way to play HL and it's mods online now. You won't be able to play multiplayer HL without Steam, but if you're just going to do single player stuff, then you don't need to update anything.

5. Omega_Shadow

Thanx Mctimson! Problem solved!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/320571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice